Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: My Fav Lippies

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Look What I Got: My Fav Lippies

My Fav Lippies

1. Maybelline Color Sensation Vivids Lipstick in Hot Plum.  I call this old reliable.  This lipstick has been my jam for three years  now.  (Proof here).  The color is the perfect blend of obnoxious pink.  It's a lipstick that says "I like to party, but take me seriously."  It's got some pretty good staying power.  I would say over an 8 hour day, you'd have to reapply once after lunch.

2. Julep It's Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in XOXO.  This is my favorite dark matte lip thing ever. It's a very specific favorite.  It's like how Sabra is the official dip of the NFL or Bridgestone is the official tire.  Why does the NFL need so many "official" things that have nothing to do with football.  But I digress.  So, this lip stuff...It's not a gloss or a lipstick.  It's that new type of hybrid liquid lipstick.  The best thing about this stuff is that it stays on ALL DAY.  Seriously, I've worn it to dinner and it stays on through more drinks than I'd like to admit.  The worst thing about this stuff is that it stays on ALL DAY.  Makeup remover, a face wipe, AND a face cleanser combining powers like Captain Planet does not get this stuff off.  I've had to use a lip scrub.  So, it's not an everyday lip goo...unless you no longer want skin on your lips.

3. Buxom Lipstick in Mistress.  This is my all time favorite light pink lipstick.  I don't know how this is possible, but it looks great on all skin tones.  I have extremely fair skinned, and I love this color.  I have seen darker toned ladies also look fab in it. I love to wear it matte, but it's light enough that you can layer a shiny gloss on top.

4. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in Encre Rose.   This is more of a treat yo' self lip covering.  At $36, it's the most expensive one on this list.  I've actually treated myself to 2 of these.  I'm pretty nice to myself.  Unlike most glosses, these have by far the most pigment of any that I have tried.  These are more like a super moisturizing lipstick.  

I'm always into building my lippie collection.  Do you have any favs that I should try?


 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart


2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

 photo LWIGLinkUp_zps0b7cfb74.png


 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...